Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Steee-ripe 1!

On Monday night some we began the chapter of Master Cycle where we learn leg locks.  Leg locks are fun.

This is a good thing as the last time we cycled through leg locks, it was in the middle of Covid and we were virtual only. Learning leg locks without a partner and via Zoom I found to be well-nigh impossible. So, in the class I was really learning it for the first time.  Makes a heckuva lot more sense with a live partner to work it on.

So we began with the basic foot lock and worked on that and then learned the primary defense against the basic foot lock.

We drilled it pretty hard and it was a good workout.

The some promotions occurred at the end of the lesson.

Adrienne earned her Blue Belt

Trevor earned his first stripe on his Blue Belt

And then I got called up and earned the first stripe on my Blue Belt.

That's around 150 further hours of training since earning my Blue Belt, and I'm certainly better than I was then, but still have much to learn and improve upon. A lot of effort for a simple stripe of tape on your belt, but it's worth it.

We then had some rolling wearing our new stripes.

A great way to finish a class.