Sunday, August 08, 2021

A Good Match Today

I went to the local USPSA match.

This time I wasn't RO'ing as it was a pretty small turnout with only three squads to shoot.  This meant I actually got some time to focus and prepare a stage plan for each stage.  Not that it helped all that much, but it actually did help a bit.  

I'm pleased to report I did not miss nor fail to engage a single target , even the devilishly cleverly hidden ones, and had no misses  at all which is very happy-making.  Some of this is clearly some improved accuracy and some speed from taking the Modern Samurai Project class.

No functioning issues with an of my gear, and the dark house shoot was a lot of fun with the 509T functioning perfectly now that I've taken it out of auto-adjust mode.

Still awaiting the results, but aside from messing up a stage by unintentionally sliding my foot over and past a fault line for a couple final shots on the first stage, it went rather well.

Unfortunately there was no classifier so i can;t see if I was measurably shooting better  classification-wise.

A total of 145 rounds shot and it was a fun match with a good squad with some pretty darn impressive shooters to learn from.

No comments: