Sunday, March 26, 2023

First Brisket of 2023

Spring is trying hard to be sprung around here.

Yesterday had some crazy winds that cancelled my intended shake-the-rust off flight.  Gusts of up to 35 knots with a minimum direct crosswind factor of 30 knots in a plane rated for 17 knots was not my idea of a good time for pattern work.

So yesterday,  I instead got the brisket prepared with my homemade rub for smoking.


So today, among other things that needed to be done, I got the smoker cleaned up from it's winter of non-use, and got it ready to smoke.

I decided to use pecan wood for the brisket this time, for a change of pace.

After all day of being on the smoker, the brisket was ready for dinner tonight.

 


 Nice and tasty and served up with baked beans, and mac & cheese, it was announced by all to be a tasty success.

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Smart move! And very nice smoke ring on that one!

Matthew W said...

Good looking meat !!!!!!

Aaron said...

Old NFO: Thanks!

MATTHEW W: Thank you!