Tuesday, July 12, 2022

People Whose Takeoffs In A Plane Do Not Equal Their Landings In A Plane

When is it that your number of takeoffs in  a plane do not equal your landiongs in a plane, but the plane still lands just fine?  It's when you jump out of a perfectly good working aircraft.

The Selfridge Air Show opened with a performance from The Misty Blues.

The Misty Blues are an all-female parachute team from Michigan, 

They opened the show by parachuting in during the playing of the national anthem with the American flag.

Soon followed by the Canadian anthem and flag for our neighbors also attending and watching the show.

Both jumpers landed on their marks with precision. The rest of the team then landed with their own streamers matching their parachute coloration.

An impressive opening to the show.

2 comments:

Jeff B said...

Went skydiving on my 50th birthday. Jump instructor said "Show me an airplane that is perfect, not a single flaw, and I won't jump out of it. But every plane has at least one defect..."

Which I thought was uproariously funny just as we stepped out the door...

Aaron said...

Jeff B: That's a good one all right. I've never done sky diving myself, but sounds like a neat experience that I may need to try someday.