Thursday, March 31, 2022

Range Report: Upgrades Were Successful

Met up with Tosh and took the Glock 19 Gen 5 out to the range that is close to my work.   

The Glock 19 worked as expected with no failures and is rather nice and smooth with the trigger upgrades.

I did discover that one of my much older Glock 19 magazine demonstrated an inability to properly feed the last round in both my and Tosh's Glocks.  Very weird and 100% repeatable failure to feed the last round.  Said magazine is no longer in service.

The 509T on the Glock 19 was dialed in and zeroed.  It was pretty darn close to being zeroed as as it came back from ATEI, and this session just got it perfectly zeroed for me.

I also purchased some stainless steel guide-rods for the Masada pistols and tried one out at the range today.

I bought them from Manticore Arms and was very happy with the service from them. They inadvertently only shipped one to me, and the packing slip said two which I had paid for. I contacted them, and they immediately sent the missing second one out immediately, no fuss, no muss which is indeed great customer service.

The guide rod with its 18 lb spring makes the firearm feel quite a bit more solid when shooting it, and it may even have tightened up the grouping just a tad. I will need to shoot it more to see for sure, but it ran perfectly. 

After some B8 shooting for zeros and groups, we then turned to A-Zones at 7 yards. I shot the A Zones with the new Glock 19.

After three months of not shooting, the rust and lack of practice really shows.  

My average time from the beep to drawing form concealment to hitting the A-Zone was in the 2.20 second range with some lower than that, but some higher.  None were what I would call an acceptable time. Really lost some ground there.  On the upside, of the 15 rounds shot, 14 were hits with one just, just, outside the A Zone. 

Well, the cure for bad performance due to a lack of practice is to do more practice, and to recommence dry-fire practice too.

A good, if short, range trip.  Then back to the office.

1 comment:

B said...

https://coolfiretrainer.com/

I have this for my 1911. Highly recommend. Get it with the laser.