Wednesday, March 09, 2022

Hip Update - Cleared For Takeoff!

Went to the Doctor for the second follow-up exam for the hip replacement.

X-Ray shows the hip implant is in a good position and has started mating to the bones nicely, and hasn't shifted.

Pain is now from the muscles being used differently then they were in the past, and some post-surgery soreness and scar tissue.

Overall, I'm apparently recovering nicely and its going great.

Officially allowed to bend now, yay, I'll be able to put my own socks on, but I'm to ease into bending by doing it slowly and not diving for my toes just yet.

I'm still to use the cane outside, and still prevent falls at any cost.

Still no heavy workouts, just to stick to physio for now.  Interestingly enough, lat pull-downs are a big no-no after a hip replacement.

Jiu Jitsu is sadly, but absolutely not unexpectedly, very much off the table, probably until July.

My Next follow up is in another 30 days.

The Big News From The Exam: I'm now cleared to fly again which is great!  

I have all of 2 days though before my passenger currency is kaput.   

My Flight Review is needed by the end of this month, so it's unlikely I'll get the instrument test done in time, but at this point nothing I can do about that, and I'm going to be ok with that. 

Regardless of passenger carrying status,  I will have my first flight will be with an instructor in the right seat for safety.

4 comments:

drjim said...

Very good progress, Aaron!

I'm sure it'll be fun flying again.

B said...

How much time do you have left on your written?
Other than that, glad you are getting better.

Old NFO said...

Great news!

Aaron said...

drjim: Thanks, looking forward to getting up in the air again.

B: Tons, done in November 2021 so almost 20 months left before that expires.

Old NFO: Thanks!