Saturday, December 31, 2022

Happy End Of 2022!

On the plus side, as of today, I now assuredly have enough money to live on for the rest of the year.

Other pluses for the year include some accomplishments both personal and familial.

On the personal front for the year the major news was that I got a new hip. 

Downside is the recovery is still taking much longer than expected and the muscles around it still hurt quite a bit.  Still, it hurts less than the arthritis and my range of motion is much improved, but I do wish the muscles would settle down and stop hurting as a daily affair.

On the flying front, I got my instrument ticket and flew quite a bit even after being off for months recovering from the hip surgery and got to fly to quite a few places I've never been before.

On the shooting front, I attended three shooting classes, and took part in multiple competitions. As a result I suck just a little bit less at shooting than I did at the end of 2021.

Familial side, eldest daughter is now at the University, has taken to it like a duck to water, and has finished the first semester of her freshman year, and younger child is prepping for her ACTs.

Work definitely had its ups and downs, but is ending acceptably this year though not quite as well as I would like.  On the upside, the pro per plaintiff and third-party defendant in the case keep adding much hilarity to the process, including filing some really moronic stuff today, including that pro-per plaintiff did an ex-parte communication to the court which is a no-no. You can't send emails to the court and not let the other side know you're doing it, you moron, and even better concluding that email in a reply brief as an exhibit is hilarious.

So yep, overall on a personal level,  2022 while certainly there was room for improvement, was not all that bad.

No comments: