Thursday, December 15, 2022

Nailed It.

Not in a good way either:

That doth suck.

Quite a large nail, but interestingly, it held pressure pretty good and did not deflate the tire. 

 I only saw it when refilling all the tires as a cold snap made the low pressure light come on and all tires had dropped in pressure and it was face up staring at me as I came to fill the tire.

Sadly, it is apparently not a repairable nailing incident, and the tire needs to be replaced, which means replacing two tires as that tire model is no longer manufactured.

3 comments:

markshere2 said...

"not repairable" ... in somebody's opinion. Would that somebody be the guy that wants you to buy a new pair of tires?

I'd try anyway. The plug kits are cheap, and its good practice in case you get a "repairable"
incident down the line.

Aaron said...

markshere2: Apparently it is too close to the sidewall for comfort to plug it. We will see what happens.

FredLewers said...

That's very fixable. A plug or better yet a plug patch. I've used them lots of times. Patch it on the inside and you'll never have a problem. "To close to the sidewall" is a lame sales technique. I was an ASE master technician for 20 years. I got out of the car business because it's a racket and I like being able to look myself in the eye when I shave.
As an aside, the automotive industry was bailed out in 08 by the TARP act. That should tell you all you need to know about the car business.