Thursday, October 16, 2014

Argh. Spammers Should Die A Slow And Painful Death.

Apparently the address book for the Yahoo account I use for this blog was compromised today.

As such, if I sent you an email form this account or if we've communicated by the Yahoo email account before, you may have received an email purporting to be from me with a link in it.

Obviously, don't click on it. The big tip off is that the from: address, while having my name on it, the underlying email reply address is ashlee@newriverretreat.com.

If you did receive such an email, my apologies for the inconvenience and bother.

If you have a Yahoo account, I'd suggest checking it and probably changing the password just in case as well.

I don't think this is a hack of the account itself as it had a pretty strong and long passphrase, but just in case I changed it and added two-step verification. I suspect this is yet again another Yahoo-wide vulnerability.

Damn spammer scum.

3 comments:

Keads said...

This is why we can't have nice things on the Interwebz =) See you soon I hope!

Murphy's Law said...

Yeah, I noticed that you were sending my e-mail under a woman's name, but hey--I'm not one to judge.

Aaron said...

Keads: Very true, hope all is going well for you and your mom, and see you soon.

ML: Apparently she likes you. You may want to email her back and hook up.