Saturday, February 18, 2023

Apparently The MSU Killer Was Indeed Mentally Ill

And yet, as usual,  no one did anything.

Per the a-hole's uncle, he apparently was a paranoid schizophenzic. (hat tip Eaton Rapids Joe).  Interestingly neither the Detroit News nor the Detroit Free Press chose to report this, instead both giving a feature-length article to the MSU professor where said a-hole shot at the students and killed some. Said professor's emotive screed thus pushing for gun control, who pushes in a manner that shows he has no clue what current laws are, and  that he would not use a gun to defend his students if he had the opportunity (which is his choice, but still).

The Daily Mail:  MSU gunman's uncle says he was 'paranoid schizophrenic' who should have been locked up over 2019 felony gun charge instead of being freed to kill three

Interesting that it's a UK paper discussing this, and the only media outlet  so far pointing out that had he been convicted of the felony instead of the misdemeanor charge from his illegal concealed carry in a vehicle, he would not have been able to legally purchase the firearms he used that night.  No Michigan paper in Detorit nor in Lansing is pointing this out - it would make the woke Ingham County prosecutor whose policy likely helped cause this look bad.

No word if said a-hole was given meds, taking his meds, off his meds, or what not or if the family ever sought to get him actual help.

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Funny how we're getting 'better' coverage from overseas than our own media...

ccm2361 said...

Yes our media is on full circle the wagons mode

pigpen51 said...

I notice that the media has been publicizing every single shooting lately, in what appears to be a thinly veiled attempt to push their gun control narrative.
Our local newspaper, the Muskegon Chronicle, in their opinion section today had the editor write a short note, saying that he has a daughter who attends MSU, and so he was basically too distraught to write anything. This is the same editor who invited people to write in and hold discussions with him on opinions. But when I did, limiting it to basically the first thing to help with school shootings would be to teach advanced first aid, including stopping the bleeding of gunshot wounds with tourniquets and quikclot type of things. I then said that I would discuss other thoughts about stopping gun violence on school campus' with him in another email.
He was very quick to get back to me, telling me that he could not debate gun control since he was not qualified, but he would consider passing along my thoughts about advanced first aid to the appropriate writer. I mentioned in the email that our military in the field of Afghanistan had a high survival rate, because of the fact that they were able to apply advanced first aid and not just watch their friends bleed out, without knowing what to do.
I don't know why I tried, because I know that the anti gun people do not care about the dead after a shooting, but rather how they can use the action to further their agenda of getting rid of all guns in America.
Now that the Empress of Lansing has made her move on gun control, I have a suggestion. The fact that some states are going after gun makers, makes me thing that the gun makers and ammo makers should stop selling their guns, parts, or ammo, to any police agency that stands with the state government in wanting to stop civilian gun ownership. Normally I hate boycotts, but I hate the thought that I would have to go through a federal background check to give my .22 rifle to one of my sons. Who will run the check, what will they charge, will they keep a record of the check, will the BATFE keep a record of it? Will they then collect the serial numbers on the guns as a method of making the data have any point?
I still do not understand how they can take your property from you, guns, without a trial. I thought that we had the 4th amendment to protect us from such things. I guess that it doesn't matter what the constitution says if you just ignore it.