Sunday, April 10, 2022

First Match Of The Season

It was a big day today.

First thing accomplished: Shot my first USPSA match of 2022.

It was mainly a classifier match with one long field course.

Most classifiers were stand and deliver type, with quite two different el Presidentes, the classic and the Nuevo, but we also had 21-01 Trigger Freeze which offered three arrays of targets and movement.

Only issue with the El Presidentes was the turn as the hip did not enjoy that much, but I made it work.

Moving around I was pretty slow but got there ok in all cases. Did use the cane to get to and from the different stages due to the rough ground and steep inclines and that worked out well enough.

Actually had a  clean run on one of the El Presidente 99-23 Front Sight with all Alphas. 

We also shot 13-05 Tick Tock into the darkhouse which made it a fair bit more difficult in identifying the targets.

A fun match with a good squad of shooters and good to be back in to it. Tosh and Scott were in my squad which made it fun.

Overall I think I'm still well and truly in C class territory, much of that due to slow movement right now, but my Hit Factor is creeping up into the 4-5 range rather than the 3 and lower where it used to be.

Update: Yep, still very much in C Class.

No comments: