Sunday, June 14, 2020

First USPSA Match Of The Season

Finally USPSA matches have resumed in Michigan. We didn't even have to call the assemblage of shooters a protest to do so.

A good first match and my first time shooting concealed carry optic.

Only one classifier stage was held, so my getting classified in CCO will take a while. It was CM 13-04 The Roscoe Rattle.

Fun, but I hadn't practice the turn 'n' draw recently, and it showed. The draws were decent thanks to my dry fire practice, now I need to get faster transitioning between targets, acquiring targets hidden in various locations, and moving around the stage.

On the very plus side, I did not fail to engage all targets and didn't miss any which happens as most were cleverly angled so they could be seen only from one position and then only if you really looked around. I'm still on the slow side compared to other shooters, but my accuracy is pretty darn good.

6 fun stages in addition to the classifier, and it was a darn good time with a good bunch of people.

I shot the match with the IWI Masada and Trijicon SRO, and both functioned flawlessly for another 168 rounds through the gun. I'm looking forward to the next match.

No comments: