Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Smoking Beef Ribs For Dinner

Not just any Beef ribs, but Glatt Kosher Beef Ribs.

A friend of mine had a goodly amount of meat and knowing I do smoking gave me the ribs.

I got them covered in my homemade rub.

Then using locally sourced hickory wood I got the fire going and started smoking the ribs,

The hickory burned a little hotter than anticipated, and while I had started at 220 and the temp stayed there for awhile, the temp in the smoker at around 45 minutes in suddenly climbed to 400, necessitating some action on my part to get the temperature back down.

But, even with that, they came out looking great and tasting awesome.

Didn't need any BBQ sauce either, the rub gave some nice flavor to the beef.

2 comments:

juvat said...

MMMongry!!!

Aaron said...

juvat: Yep the family was making that sound while biting into them. 'Twas very good stuff indeed.