Monday, May 04, 2020

Interlude: Coscto Corona Capping Capacity

So Costco today.

Wearing a mask was mandatory, but hardly a big deal.

The good news: mirabile dictu they had toilet paper. Yep, a badly needed package of 30 jumbo rolls made it into the cart for urgent home resupply. Much rejoicing.

The bad news: Yes the meat shortage is indeed a real thing due to the shutdown. Fresh meat purchases are being limited to three meat items per customer.

The excellent news: Scored a bottle of Four Roses small batch bourbon for under $40.

The hilarious news: Wearing a mask when the cashier was asked if he wants to see ID for the aforementioned bourbon -- The response: "Heck, at this point with the way things are, if you want to drink, drink.".
Brightened my day, it did.

1 comment:

Glenn B said...

Closest Costco to me is about a 2.5 to 3 hour drive but I think I may make it this week with the pooch. The redeeming thing about doing that is there is also a Total Wine close to Costco and I am down to one bottle each of Kirschwasser and Obstwasser. I think I'll have to pick up three or four of each if in stock on my next trip.