I have a friend who has a kid attending University of Michigan as a freshman.
His English class had this as his first required novel reading:
Described as a "genre-bending novel exploring queerness, art and desire through an interview interwoven with a developing lesbian romance".
Because of course they do.
Now, making freshmen read lesbian erotica is standard stuff to Épater la bourgeoisie to show how stunning and brave and progressive they are, along with making students read the article If Black English Isn't a Language, Then Tell Me, What Is? Without giving freshmen the viewpoint to challenge the claim. Quick note - It linguistically isn't. At most its a bastardized dialect of English, not a separate language.
Yep, its a progressive incubator with carefully curated curriculoum to push a singular leftist viewpoint.
Now I'm not objecting to My Lesbian Novel just because it is Lesbian Erotica that students are paying to be made to read to open their horizons ina politically correct manner (the horizon is only off to the left for some reason).
I'm objecting to it because it's really badly written lesbian erotica:
For example:
I'm sorry, but this is ridiculously disappointing, with such an opportunity lost.
You do not write a paragraph discussing miso where the woman is anticipating sex and miss the chance to have her reflect: "Miso horny".
Like I said, it is bad genre-bending lesbian erotica.
Tuition at University of Michigan is $1,150 per credit for instate students and 3,158 per out of state students. Neither taxpayers nor students are getting their money's worth out of the reading.
UofM: Strong in the sciences and business, but the "liberal arts" have sadly gone progressively woke - and dumb.


No comments:
Post a Comment