Monday, October 31, 2022

How About Hard No?

The Atlantic: LET’S DECLARE A PANDEMIC AMNESTY

An Atlantic author, who has quite the Twitter history (with the tweet below but one example of many) of being a Covidiot:

 

Is now proposing we should let bygones be bygones and forgive how the Dems et al acted and overreacted during the pandemic.

My first inclination to her request for an "amnesty" would be a hard no. 

Most especially as they have yet to abjectly state they were wrong.  Most Covidiots, including our governor are still busy claiming they handled the pandemic just fine and refuse to admit any mistakes.

But, well, I’m sure we could have an amnesty - right after their apologies.

Oh, and in addition to apologies, an amnesty can come only after a Truth and Reconciliation Commission too, as after all, the Left loves those.

So let’s have them all come testify before a Commission as to the absolute mess they made and lives they destroyed while they ignored actual existing plans for handling a pandemic, and then panicked and carried on like tin pot power-drunk dictators with insane lock downs that never made any rational sense. 

Perhaps the testimony can include their shutting down schools with subsequent loss of learning continuing to this day; their placing Covid-positive patients in nursing homes to let the disease rip through them killing grandma and then deliberately undercounting the deaths that resulted.  Let's not also forget the arbitrary and capricious rules of the lockdowns including being able to buy food at a store but not paint in the next aisle.  No golfing or power boating but a canoe, or kayak was just fine (but not in California where you could be arrested for paddle boarding by yourself, alone on a flippin' ocean.

On second, thought let's roll with the Truth and Reconciliation Commission, but screw the amnesty - these people need to live with and pay for the poor decisions they made that cost lives and inflicted misery upon their fellow Americans while they enjoyed the perquisites of their misguided power.

7 comments:

Glypto Dropem said...

Amnesty??? Absolutely not. Formal charges of pandemic motivated tyranny will charged at the Citizen Patriot Tribunals when the Uniparty Establishment scum are dragged from their offices bound and gagged to answer for their crimes. Found guilty, the sentence shall be death and carried out immediately and publicly.

MrGarabaldi said...

Hey Aaron;

I ain't feeling it....The Same people that tried to get me fired from my job...tried to strip me of my rights, turn me into a 2nd class citizen, ostracize me from society, threaten to put me in a camp "for the good of Society" mind you....Turn my friends against me strip my family from me....Now they want a "Covid" amnesty?.......Naa I ain't feeling it.....I am kinda in a vengeful mood....not a whole lot of forgiveness right now.

pigpen51 said...

The same ones who made people let their loved ones die alone in a hospital bed? Who did not allow funerals for anyone other than a very small number, while other loved ones had to stay away?
The Empress of Lansing, who in the debates with Tudor Dixon stated that the state only was on lockdown for 3 months? And whose husband tried to get a marina to launch his boat by stating that he was the governors husband?
Of course, the undercounting of deaths in nursing homes was BS, but the number of Covid deaths in hospitals was not undercounted. Thank the Lord that the influenza was almost nil during the worst of the pandemic. Looking at the statistics, the flu took a holiday during the time of Covid. Funny how that worked out. Follow the science, or at least follow the money. Same thing, anymore.

Aaron said...

All: Agreed. I don't believe anyone is, nor should they be, quite prepared to ignore and forget what occurred and just "move on", no matter how fervently the Dems and Covidiots wish it would happen.

If there were heart-felt apologies and actual accountability for these insane and indeed murderous decisions, then perhaps, but there hasn't been any forthcoming, and likely will not be anytime soon.

Matthew W said...

Any chance you do "medical discrimination" cases?

Aaron said...

Matthew W: Sorry, I do not. But, depending if you're in Michigan and depending on where you are I may be able to refer you to an attorney that does depending on the facts

Matthew W said...

Aaron: Illinois.
Short story is, I was not allowed to work in my office because of my vax status.
I'm still debating shopping around to do this.
I want retribution.