Sunday, March 22, 2020

IWI Masada Rounds 1401-1700

Went to the outdoor range with Leah today. Traffic was pretty light and while there were a couple other people at the range facility, we had a range all to ourselves. Our favorite one with the steel plate rack, chickies and target stands.

It was 36 degrees so jackets and gloves were still needed.

Since we were at the outdoor range I could exercise the Masada a bit more than just from a stall as at the indoor range.

I used a new Vedder holster as Vedder carries models for the Masada and with the chosen optics cut it fit like a glove.

Good for both AWB and IWB carry, the holster was very comfortable, retained the pistol well and fit perfectly. I'm rather happy with it and it was made and shipped quickly, came with a nice pouch for storage, and Vedder certainkly makes a darn good line of holsters.

I did draws from the holster and cleaned the plate rack with the Masada.

A lack of practice certainly showed,but in time from concealment (under a sweatshirt with a winter jacket also getting pushed out of the way) I was getting consistent sub-six second runs with a clean shoot of all 6 plates. I need more practice to get to where I was but not bad. I also shot some poppers and chuckies and had a good time shooting it. Leah also liked shooting it with the SRO.

250 rounds of Federal Black Back 9mm and 50 rounds of Winchester 147 gr hollow point all ran with no failures of any kind.

That's 1,700 rounds so far through the IWI Masada with zero failures of any kind.

No comments: