Sunday, October 09, 2016

No Flying This Weekend

Saturday I showed up at the airport. Winds were gusting nicely but it promised a good lesson with some challenging crosswinds, especially so when watching the aircraft coming in for landing hitting a roller on final.

Unfortunately, it was not to be.

First the plane was put of fuel and even though Ray had called for fuel before I got there, it took over an hour from his call for the fuel truck to show up.

Then after engine start and then arriving at the runup area we found the right brake was practically non-existent.

So no flying for me, ah well.

1 comment:

Comrade Misfit said...

On the other hand, I finally got my airplane back from the shop. "Old airplanes + "hard-to-find parts" = "sometimes it's down for awhile."

Four flights in five days, one of them a round-trip x/c and fifteen landings. I don't feel as though I'm 100% on landings, though. Safe, yes, but not in the groove.