Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Ghosting In Facebook Marketplace

People in general are indeed strange folks.

I have an item up for sale on Facebook marketplace and I've been getting some weird results.

On multiple occasions people have contacted and offered a reasonable amount for it below the listing price, which I accepted.

Some make an offer and then back out when it is accepted.

But others, once they agree on the price then ghost away and never bother to complete the sale, wasting everyone's time and not so much as a "I changed my mind message".

Some have been so nice as to arrange a time to pick it up and then never show at the time nor contact again which is even more annoying.

So ghosting is apparently an acceptable thing to do on social media marketplaces after agreeing to buy something. Ah well, people are indeed strange.

Apparently facebookers don't go by the offer--acceptance--contract--follow-through model of getting things done, which is irksome.

1 comment:

MrGarabaldi said...

Hey Aaron;

I have put some truck parts on facebook marketplace and have had zero luck, I get better luck with craigslist it seems.