Sunday, October 20, 2019

IWI Masada Rounds 251-500

I went to the range with my friend D yesterday. D brought along his Glock 19 to get some practice in.

I brought along the Masada to get some shooting in. We shot paper targets and steel plates both slow and rapid and had a good time.

200 rounds of Remington 115 grain fired through the Masada by both of us without a hitch.

D also pronounced the Masada trigger to be better than his Glock's trigger, so that's two matching subjective assessments regarding that. He also liked the feel of the Masada more than the Glock. On shooting his Glock, I'd have to agree. I think its got the worst stock Glock trigger I've ever tried, and really puts the crunch in crunchenticker -- seriously. Again, this is another subjective assessment.

Then, I shot 50 rounds of Winchester Ranger 147gr bonded HP through the Masada with zero failures of any kind.

The Masada is definitely shooting low and left for both of us, which is interesting.

It's not a huge amount low and left, but enough to be noticeable especially when shooting for precision. It's less of an issue when you use the dots rather than the top of the front sight to aim, but even with that it's off just enough to miss the X ring even when you place the dot on it and it will hit just under it. You can still knock down steel plates if you aim at the center of them however. I was also able to bounce an ammo box placed on the berm 25 yards away with it nice and consistently by putting the dots on the box. I'm going to try adjusting the rear sight over right to try and correct the leftward issue.

That's 500 rounds through the IWI Masada with zero failures of any kind.

3 comments:

MrGarabaldi said...

Hey Aaron;

I hope IWI makes the Masada in .40S&W soon....I like the looks of the pistol.

Old NFO said...

Remember the correct direction to drift the sight... :-)

Aaron said...

MrGarabaldi: It might happen, but with .40S&W dropping in popularity it might not be too soon.

Old NFO: Yep, front opposite, rear same direction (FORS) for the adjustments.