Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Seat Belts Save Lives

In Detroit, two drivers on the exact same night serve as examples of why the use of seat belts is a darn good idea.

Fail to do so, and you run the risk of premature ejection and death.

The Detroit News: 2 Detroit motorists ejected in fatal crashes

Authorities are investigating two fatal crashes overnight in which drivers were ejected because they weren’t wearing seat belts, according to the Michigan State Police

Both drivers were on highways at the time they ended up wrecking, and lost control of their vehicles.

That seat belt not only stops you from getting thrown out of your car, but increases the chance you can stay in control of your car to prevent a wreck instead of being thrown around it when you lose control.

Don't die of the dumbs, wear a seat belt.

4 comments:

ProudHillbilly said...

The son of a co-worker wasn't wearing a seat belt one night. He's now a quadriplegic. Head first into the windshield, broken neck, severe spinal cord damage.

Dan said...

I hate the seatbelt law. I'd also wear one even without the law. It stopped me from being in a bad way when I hit black ice under snow about 7 years ago.

Anonymous said...

Larry Niven: Think of it as evolution in action.

jon spencer said...

July 1, 1985 Michigan's seat belt law went into effect. That day was the first day in several years that I did not wear my seat belt.
I have worn one since.
Guess I am sorta contrary.