Tuesday, April 15, 2014

A Spring And A Miss . . . . .

And so, spring gave summer and autumn a miss and went straight back to winter.

There now stands quite a few inches of snow on the ground as we awoke after being exhausted from our midnight dash from Toronto homeward.

On the upside, we officially just beat the record to have the snowiest winter in the area ever with 94.8 inches of snow. So there's that.

The Detroit News: Metro Detroit breaks seasonal snowfall record

At least I can now say I made it through the snowiest, and not the second snowiest, winter in recorded history of the Detroit area. This is a good thing because saying you suffered through the second snowiest winter in recorded history is like winning the participation prize at the race - you may have showed up but you sure didn't win.

3 comments:

Scott said...

I was channeling my inner Bing Crosby this morning, singing "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas".

We only got about a half-inch up here - a couple of slick spots on the way to work, and the usual morning accident on 127 somewhere between Lake Lansing and Jolly.

We missed the worst of the rain the other night too.

ProudHillbilly said...

That's a win I'd skip...

Dan said...

I woke up to two inches of global warming this morning. I just barely missed the old record, but was around for this one.