Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Voted.

I arrived at the polling station this morning and turnout was much lighter than I expected at my precinct. The parking lot was not full and multiple spots were available. The lineup to vote was quite short.

People in line were saying it is much, much shorter than the line in 2008 - back then it wrapped all the way around and was very lengthy indeed. Today I was in and out very quickly.

Considering that I'm trapped in a heavily Democrat area, make of the comparatively light turnout what you will.

Interestingly enough, there were Democrat campaigners handing out a voting list in the parking lot. Interestingly, it did not say vote for Obama but started its endorsements way down the line with state and county level races only. Funny that.

I figure its gonna be a long day and night.

2 comments:

ProudHillbilly said...

It's the night, since the votes won't be getting clearer until the wee hours.

I know the first thing I'll do when I wake up tomorrow will be grab the cell phone and hit the web button to get news.

Although I'm hearing so many people calling into the MD radio station I stream concerning their voting records being screwed up that we will probably see a lot of court cases.

Aaron said...

Yeah, voters in New Jersey can apparently vote by email - talk about an insecure and open invitation for ballot stuffing.

It'll be a long night.