Sunday, November 22, 2009

Now who could have guessed - 9/11 Defendants seeking a show trial

Fox News: The five men facing trial in the Sept. 11 attacks will plead not guilty so that they can air their criticisms of U.S. foreign policy, the lawyer for one of the defendants said Sunday.

Nice Job There Obama and Holder after all I'm sure you considered this possibility when you decided to put terorrists, captured overseas, who already confessed to their acts a civil hearing in New York, right ?
Scott Fenstermaker, the lawyer for accused terrorist Ali Abd al-Aziz Ali, said the men would not deny their role in the 2001 attacks but "would explain what happened and why they did it."

The U.S. Justice Department announced earlier this month that Ali and four other men accused of murdering nearly 3,000 people in the nation's deadliest terrorist attack will face a civilian federal trial just blocks from the World Trade Center site.

Ali, also known as Ammar al-Baluchi, is a nephew of professed 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed.

Mohammed, Ali and the others will explain "their assessment of American foreign policy," Fenstermaker said.

"Their assessment is negative," he said.

Who could have guessed?

1 comment:

Scott said...

We expect no less from the "Hate America First" crowd. Indeed, this will be a proxy trial of George W. Bush, since the sufferers of BDS will likely be unable to try him directly. (That's "Bush Derangement Syndrome" for the non-politicomedical amongst you).

I have my problems with W, but the premise of this war was not one of them.