Tuesday, May 06, 2014

I'm Diving In The Wrong Quarries

I've never come across anything like this on any of my quarry dives:

The Detroit Free Press: State police divers in U.P. find stolen guns underwater

A team of state police divers went underwater in the Upper Peninsula to recover a safe containing stolen long guns.

Authorities were led to the Plymouth Open Pit Mine near Wakefield.

That’s where a man suspected in a series of break-ins told police they would find the gun safe.

I'd think that dropping a safe fun of guns under water probably didn't do too much for their value, especially with the likely contaminants in the water. Good on the State Police for recovering them and hopefully they can be salvaged.

Remember kids, dropping guns into a mine doesn't make them yours.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

"Honestly Officer,, I lost all my guns and the safe in a horrible boating accident."

Murphy's Law said...

Sigh...missed out again.

Old NFO said...

Damn...

Aaron said...

Jay: Now you can point to a live example of that happening!

ML: I can see the next Pure Michigan tourist ad now: Come dive the UP iron mines and find shooting irons!

Old NFO: Indeed.