Monday, August 14, 2023

Range Trip: Focused Practice

Yesterday I headed out to the range in the afternoon to get some focused practice in since I hadn't been shooting much recently.

Shot some B8s which went well. Shooting a Sig 320 at 10 yards and, on the third run through of 10 shots at a medium cadence it gave a very happy result:

My first perfect string of all Xs with the Sig 320.  This was rather happy making.

Then I did two Dot Torture runs.   

On the first run, I stupidly missed just outside the circle on dot 4, going just a bit too quickly rather than settling in, so that ended any chance of a perfect run on that drill right there.  Still I finished the drill as its good practice.  

On both runs, I messed up the weak hand only portion and dropped two shots out of the circle on each drill. Well, I know what I need to work on more then. So no perfect Dot Torture runs to report.

I then moved on to some Bill Drills.

Ran seven of those all clean:  3.33, 2.97, 2.95, 2.91, 2.49, 2.50 and 2.66.  So most were sub three seconds which is great and where I want to be as a personal standard, and I'm starting to get close to the 2.5 second mark, hopefully on the way to the elusive (for me) 2.0 second Bill Drill.

Then I shot six 3x2 drills all clean with 3.33, 3.29, 3.08, 3.36, 2.98 and 2.81. Not great, but not terrible either, and not near my best speeds, but still all clean so that was something.

It was a good time at the range and 300 rounds went by rather quickly.

No comments: