Friday, February 07, 2020

Stupid Criminals: When Impersonating A Cop, Timing Is Everything

And this stupid criminals timing sucked, which is good timing for everyone else.

Our stupid criminal, masquerading as a police officer complete in vehicle kitted out with light bars, fake radar, fake computer, etc manages to have the timing to be driving along to get stopped by the Oakland County Sheriff himself, with expected results.

The Detroit News: ‘I’m the sheriff’: Oakland County lawman stops phony cop car

That had to be a fun moment:

“He looks at me and says, ‘Who are you?’ And I said, ‘I’m the sheriff. Who are you?’” Bouchard [Oakland County's Sheriff] told WDIV-TV.

I do indeed like Sheriff Bouchard, the man's done a darn good job as Sheriff of this county. His pulling over an impersonator, likely on the way to commit some mischief, by himself makes me like him that much more.