Monday, July 21, 2014

A Houseguest With A Most Peeculiar Manner

Meet Flag.

He's a very cute Lab mix and rather social. A year older than Jett, he's smaller but can keep up with the play by play.

While we were up in Huntsville, Flag's owner happily and graciously boarded Jett and he and Flag had a grand time and Jett was quite the fine guest.

Today Tash, the kids, and Flag's family headed off to Michigan's Adventure park (for the first time ever for our kids) and it was only natural that I take Flag in for the couple days and look after him.

Unfortunately, and unbeknownst to his owner or us, Flag's Indian name apparently is "Guest Who Frequently Pees In Visited Home A Lot".

He is housebroken at home, but he won't stop pissing all over the place here, even after being walked and going happily outside, he comes back in and goes again, and again, and again. Argh.

I'm spending more time with odor remover and paper towel scrubbing the carpet and tile than I ever did before Jett was housebroken. Heck, Jett even looks at him like "WTF dude, keep it in until you're outside!"

Flag's Korean name is now perilously close to becoming "Tastes Good With BBQ Sauce When Smoked Until Tender".

The dog is now clinging to me like glue, trying to desperately distract me from picking up the phone and calling the nearest Korean restaurant for a trade in value.....

5 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

Sounds like he's claiming your house and marking it as his own.

Old NFO said...

He'd be an outside dog REAL quick...

Aaron said...

ML: Yep, he seemed to have been trying to leave his mark everywhere.

Old NFO: Sadly I don't (not allowed by the deed restrictions in the sub) to have a fenced backyard, otherwise he would have been sent there.

Thankfully he's now back home and things are getting back to normal.

Knucklehead said...

First the poison ivy patch(es) and now this? If it weren't for bad luck...

Sigh... I wish I didn't have yet another product recommendation but for this sort of thing I've had some reasonable results with Nature's Miracle. Purchased, in my case, from a local Pet Smart.

Hope your luck improves soon!

BTW, anyone got any recommendation on getting rid of moles? Trapping ain't working - they clearly reproduce faster than I can trap them. Napalm strikes aren't working (BAT6 won't honor my pleas to drop within perimeter anymore and the neighbors are becoming fidgety about my abuse of ordinary household chemicals in the proper proportions.)

Aaron said...

Yes it's been quite a few weeks recently.

Nature's Miracle has been a lifesaver. I went through a full spray bottle over three days and then used the gallon refill jug to fill 'er back up.

Sadly or happily, I have no advice to give regarding moles, having at least not had them as an infestation. Then again, bad things happen in threes....