Sunday, March 22, 2009

Dive 104 - Union Lake in March

Just returned from my first dive of the 2009 dive season.

Water temperature: 38 degrees F.
Dive time: 30 minutes
Visibility: 15-20 feet

Overall the dive went quite well, getting back in the water after a few months out for winter. The water was cold but not as bad as we'd thought it would be. After about 25 minutes or so I had an ice cream headache without the benefits of eating ice cream.

Buoyancy control was good, back kick was still there and functional and the frog kick is working.

Not a bad start to the season.

The only downside to the dive was that as I was assembling my dive gear at the site and attaching my tank to my backplate, my left pinky finger slid around the metal of the cam band and got caught under the metal cam as I was closing it. Yeowch! I now have a very swollen and black colored top of my pinky finger that hurts like crazy. I've now learned to close the cam a lot more carefully.

Ah well, the things we do for sport.

No comments: