Saturday, December 02, 2017

New Orleans Day 1

I took an airport shuttle down to the French Quarter and met up with Murph.

Had a decent lunch and then we wandered around a bit.

We walked the beasts around the French Quarter a bit and then at dusk headed out for dinner.

As we did he took me to his favorite watering hole, apparently he's a regular there ya know.

He asked me if I noticed anything about the patrons.

Yep, it was a gay bar. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it was apparent within the first 10 seconds, tops. No challenge there. Beer was cold, decent, and affordable, so I can see why he likes it

Murph is trying to Épater la bourgeoisie with me filling in as the bourgoisie. Didn't work.

He then announced we were going to a show. On our way, we stopping by St. Louis Cathedral and saw a street performance in the square nearby.

We went to a cabaret.

A very classy show indeed. Great blues and bluegrass music and some nice talent on stage. Yep, that's the story and we're sticking to it.

A good day out in the city.

Sleeping on the couch, the night was interrupted with Murph the dog shoving his cold, wet snout into my armpit to check if I was still alive. I assured him I was and he went off satisfied and I managed to get back to sleep until Belle decided that she had to lick my face to see if I was alive, she was similarly assured I was in fact alive and she went off happy, only to return again later just to make sure.

We shall see what this day shall bring. Murph has announced he has plans.

3 comments:

Murphy's Law said...

That bar is not one of my regular haunts as it lacks chicks, but they do sell cheap draft beer and I figured I owed it to you to help you check off a few boxes on your "diversity experience" checklist.

Old NFO said...

LOL, plans... How much bail money do we need to have handy?

MrGarabaldi said...

Hey Murphy;

LOL, looks like y'all are having a good time and Aaron looks like he needs some exposure to "Diversity". And Yes I know that this is Aarons Blog, but I figured you would see the message anyway.