Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Primary Voting Done

This year's primary looks like it is going to have quite the low turnout.

At 3:00 pm I was voter #99 at my precinct.

I voted yes to Proposal 1 to get rid of the regressive and archaic business personal property tax, an easy decision to make indeed.

Next I was faced with a choice of voting either Republican or Democrat in the primary there wasn't a lot of choices to make this ballot.

On the Democrat side running for Congress there were choices of either a Democrat platform lockstep strongly anti-gun rights candidate, a rabidly anti-gun rights candidate, a foaming at the mouth anti-gun rights candidate or a totally loony anti-gun rights candidate.

Considering my district has been gerrymandered into Detroit, whichever anti-gun rights candidate wins today will most likely be the next Congress-critter save for one slim possibility.

The Republican running for the Congressional seat has a last name of Conyers.

There is a non-zero chance that a lot of Detroiters will see the name Conyers and reflexively vote for it regardless of the (R) appearing after it on the ballot.

So yeah, odds are good I'll be stuck with yet another anti-gun rights congress-critter come November, and one even worse than the current occupant, Gary Peters.

So I voted on the Republican ballot and I voted in the only contested race on it. I voted for State Senator Mike Kowall as he's been solid pro-gun throughout his time in office and deserves to stay in office.

It took all of 5 minutes to vote, how about you?

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

NO voting down here today...