Saturday, May 14, 2016

This Month You May Or May Not Be Flying

Today looking at the forecast we have and will have MVFR conditions at Pontiac and at the two airports I've got planned to visit on the long solo cross country.

In addition, winds are forecast at 15 knots gusting to 23 out of 340 or so and are currently 15 knots, giving a really nasty crosswind component that I'm not allowed to fly in.

To top it off, there's a chance of scattered rain-showers expected during time of flight.

So I texted my instructor to say that based on the weather it would be a cancellation. He concurred with my assessment.

So good for me for being able to read the weather and make the appropriate call that there will be no solo cross country today.

If it wasn't for the weather, I think I would be a bit farther along by now, considering that's two cancelled Saturdays in a row.


Old NFO said...

But you still are here to fly ANOTHER Saturday... Just remember that.

Aaron said...

Yep, that is indeed an important consideration.

Murphy's Law said...

Be patient. You will get there. And it will be good.