Sunday, August 16, 2015

Yellowjacket Wars - Part 1

It seems a swarm of yellow-jackets have had the temerity to build a nest on the side of our house.

Such uninvited squatting without permission, not to mention appearing in numbers any time we sit to eat outside, is both rude and unaceptable.

Chemical warfare was called for.

So today at dusk I sprayed the area they appear to be coming from with Spectracide Wasp and Hornet Killer.

I sprayed the area and every one of the flying trespassers that I saw.

Not sure if it's having much of an effect as there's still quite a swarm buzzing around there, and further treatments may be called for, not to mention figuring out exactly where the nest is and if they've made it into the house.

On the upside, none of the buggers got me and I'm pretty sure I've now accounted for quite a few of them.

The joys of home ownership.

No comments: