Friday, April 21, 2017

JAFGS - Stage Check Part 1

So I had the oral portion of my pre-solo stage check today. Weather was sucky for flying anyways.

As is their procedure a different instructor, Tiffany, an CFII who I've never met before conducted the test. To say I aced it would be an understatement.

It ended with her telling the chief flight instructor that I had not just passed the stage check but that I'd pass the check-ride oral based on that performance. So I've got that going for me I suppose, which is nice.

Next is an in-flight stage check, which Tiffany will likely also conduct and if I pass that I get to be signed off to solo. Again. Finally.

But before I do that, I have to do and submit another pre-solo written test. 53 questions on 6 pages that need to be answered 100% correctly. They just do not get less tedious the second time around.