Friday, July 05, 2013

How We Get Slimmer

Thanks to the Instapundit, I learned about Gary Taubes book Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It.

I read the book cover to cover and it made quite a bit of sense. Having hit 200 lbs while not really over eating, but certainly having a lot of carbs in my diet, I decided it was time to give it a try.

After staring in early May, I've now dropped 15 pounds and 3 inches - two pants sizes - off my waist. Blood work is fine and everything is where it is supposed to be after a check-up.

The only downside is I need to get pants taken in or buy more pants as there is now way too much room around the waist and hitching up the belt with all the excess material looks ridiculous. This is a happy problem to have.

Of course, it might not be the diet alone but weight loss as a result of all the stress I'm going through now plus some additional exercising. Most likely, it is a combination of all three but the diet seems to be working well. If you're looking to lose some weight around the middle, it's worth investigating.

No comments: