Sunday, December 08, 2013

Sunday Instructional: An Excellent CPL Class

Today I conducted an NRA certified class that is required for the Michigan Concealed Pistol License class for four students.

Interestingly enough, two of the participants are related to bloggers I know, and the two others were acquaintances I knew from elsewhere so it was a very comfortable environment and everyone got on quite well.

There was great discussion, they absorbed the material most attentively and carefully listening to all of it and especially to the Michigan legal section, and everyone enjoyed the class.

At 8.5 hours, it was a bit longer than the required 8 hours and we worked straight through lunch to make sure all the material was covered and everyone fully understood the material.

At the range, they did quite well, except for one getting lost along the way to the range (how you miss it when the route was left form the parking lot, right turn at the first street, a left when that street runs out followed by a right into the parking lot of the range is beyond me....) but the participant manged to find it eventually.

I was able to make some pointers to a couple of them that visibly improved their shooting, which is a nice feeling. One of the attendants, the son-in-law of one of the bloggers I know, needed no pointers whatsoever. He blasted his way most competently through the shooting portion with safety, speed, and accuracy, so both he and the blogger should be proud.

It was a darn good class and I had a very enjoyable time teaching it.

Now I'm home doing the final paperwork for it, and that's a day.

4 comments:

Keads said...

Very nice! As Tam once told me: "You are doing the lords work". Well done!

Aaron said...

Many Thanks! It was a good class and we'll have 4 new trained and law-abiding permit holders shortly.

ProudHillbilly said...

I imagine son-in-law was glad to be out shooting again. He doesn't get to play very often.

Aaron said...

PH:

Yes he enjoyed the class. Hopefully we'll get him out for some USPSA or IDPA matches around here once spring arrives as I think he'll enjoy it and it's some fun shooting while practicing fundamentals on the move.