Wednesday, January 26, 2022

How Soon Neil Young Forgets

So Neil Young is delivering an ultimatum to Spotify that it's either Joe Rogan or him.  I think there was a song already written some time ago that summed up how this is likely to go:


Well I heard Mr. Young give an ultimatum
Well I heard old Neil put Joe Rogan down
Well I hope Neil Young will remember
Spotify don't need him around anyhow

And verily, his ultimatum, as a last ditch gasp for attention, to which many youngsters and Joe Rogan podcast subscribers alike will say "Neil who?",  will likely fall flat.

To no one's surprise, except perhaps to Mr. Young, this has indeed gone pretty much as expected:

Wall Street Journal:  Spotify to Take Down Neil Young’s Music After His Joe Rogan Ultimatum

3 comments:

Glypto Dropem said...

Neil Young is on Spotify? I don't listen to his music that way, I listen to it on vinyl on a turnatble, the way it was meant to be heard.

Old NFO said...

LOL, he's history...

Aaron said...

Glypto Dropem: Well, he was on Spotify . . .

Old NFO: Who?