Thursday, January 27, 2022

Hip Status Report - Two Weeks After Surgery

Your weekly status report on your newest right hip fellow.

 

I’ve been doing much better quicker than I expected.

 

This is thanks to the excellent home care by the lovely wife, supported by my kids - when they’re not busy saying that I’m now really old because I have a hip replacement (they’re very caring like that).

 

Pain is down to a 3 or less, and is less than pre-surgery. Still taking pain meds, and the icing machine is still the greatest thing ever,  and still rather tired on a daily basis, but that’s getting better too.

 

Physio is going well, now using a cane for 50% of the time moving around with the other 50% using the walker. That was very quick progress.

 

The cane is much more maneuverable, but less support and took a bit of getting used to.

 

Have a lot more mobility this week and the swelling around the hip is lessened, which is nice, but quite a bit is still there.   

 

Can now actually lift the leg to get into bed, which is great so another thing I can do by myself, except for putting on the compression sleeves. 

 

Still under a lot of restrictions movement wise.   

 

Physio Therapists were impressed with the progress I’ve been making, but have warned me not to overdo it.  My right ankle swelled up to the size of a softball due to a bit too much effort, so lesson learned.

 

I can now easily get around the house, minus the basement and I’m really feeling the improvement daily.

 

Post-Op visit with the Doc is set for tomorrow and the bandage will come off, and then we’ll see if chicks really do dig scars.

1 comment:

juvat said...

Aaron,
Glad to here you're making good progress. Keep up the good work. You're still in our prayers.