Saturday, September 05, 2020

The Riddle Of Steel

Shootsteel.com has a nice Labor Day sale going on with 20% off of their steel targets.

It just started a couple days ago so I couldn't resist and I picked up an A-Zone steel along with one of their improved target hangers and target stand.  It's a true A zone in size and matches the USPSA A-Zone exactly.

Shipping was fast and it arrived today after I got back from the range.


 Easy to setup, the target hanger is nice and solid, and now we'll have two steel A-Zones at the range for practice of the whole test without having to move anything, and I'll have one if I'm at the range myself.

The nice thing about the steel A-Zone is you don't have to patch the hits - and you hear it if you hit it, and you know immediately if you missed.  Pretty good and fun for practicing too.

4 comments:

drjim said...

Way cool! I love shooting steel with my little Marlin 1894 carbine in 357.

I'll have to go check those out. We could use something like that at the family's range.

B said...

I find that if you carry a can of white Krylon, it makes for easier determination of WHERE you hit it. And when yer done, a quick new layer makes it ready for the next time. Thin layers dry quickly.

YMMV

Does that have a spring behind the hangar? If not, get one.

Aaron said...

drjim: Yep, shooting steel is a lot of fun. Real good prices during this sale and I'm pretty impressed with how fast they shipped and how the target holder and stand are nicely put tlgether.

B: Yep, its got a spring behind the bolt, and I have a can of white krylon for just that reason.

Old NFO said...

Good steel can't be beat for not only the 'instant' feedback, but the joy of ringing it!