Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Overdoing It Just A Tad There Sport

So this morning, I went to the gas pumps at Costco to fill up and moved into a spot behind a Volvo that had its driver's side door wide open with the engine off at the pump ahead.

I waited a moment before stopping at the second pump, as often people finish and drive off and there's no point leaving an empty pump in front of you and making someone wait behind you if they're about to leave, when you could have waited a second and moved forward.

Well, after a polite minute of waiting, there's still no movement out of the vehicle and it looks like he's coiffing his hair, as one does at a gas station I suppose.

Ok, then.

So, I level up to the second pump, turn the car off and get out.

Still no movement out of the vehicle ahead.

I feed the pump my card, press the appropriate buttons, open my gas tank, and am about to remove the handle when the guy finally gets out of his cart.  Older fella, rather spry, with very nicely coiffed hair for pumping gas, I must say.

Ok, so I've now started pumping gas and he slowly makes his way to the pump.

He doesn't start pumping gas.

Instead he takes what looks like a Clorox wipe and starts wiping down the entire gas pump handle, the swivel beneath it, the entire hose, he's really seriously wiping down everything, including parts no one ever touches.  Neglects to wipe the lever inside of the handle though, which is funny as that's where your hand is going to actually be touching, but every other surface gets wiped.

He then wipes down the card reader, screen and all the buttons.  Again, he hits areas you're unlikely to be touching as he's busily wiping everything down.

He's about to place his card in the machine and that's when I'm done filling my tank.

He has yet to remove the handle from the pump when I'm leaving the gas station.

I'm sure that gas pump has never been cleaner, aside from the lever mind you.

1 comment:

MrGarabaldi said...

Hey Aaron;

Bet he is a Democrat, LOL