Thursday, December 18, 2014

Down With The Sickness


I blame Murphy's Law and figure I caught his virus through my computer.

Symptoms are awfully similar, or similarly awful.

More realistically it likely came from Leah as children are lovable little disease vectors. She brought it home from school and it hit her Sunday afternoon hard, was delirious for a bit and finally snapped back enough to be fever-free for 24 hours and able to go to school today.

I woke up with the suggestion of it and after trooping into work this morning by noon I decided it had gotten the better of me and I headed home.

On the upside, being unable to stand up lets me lie on the couch and watch Breaking Bad while I await my end.

On the downside, the show makes me really annoyed that the government removed the good stuff from Vick's NyQuil just to prevent a bunch of idiots from using it to make meth.  This hasn't stopped the appearance of meth but sure has put a dent in the effectiveness of Vick's for all the decent, law-abiding flu sufferers.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Get well soon!

ProudHillbilly said...

I am going out in the morning and buying surgical masks...

You have to be well by Saturday.