Thursday, March 21, 2013

But When He Got There, The Ammo Cupboard Was Bare

So on my way from my semi-regular meeting this morning I drove by Walmart as it was on the way back to the office and decided to see if any 9mm ammo was available.

It was not. Nor was there much of anything else.

Aside from 6 boxes of 22-250 (4 Winchester and two Remington) and two boxes of Remington Core-Lokt 30-06, the ammo display was completely empty.

Supply is most certainly not keeping up with its best buddy Demand.

2 comments:

Scott said...

That's about what Meijer looked like on Saturday when I was there. Lots of rifle and shotgun ammo, but nothing handgun. There were some 209 primers and some Pyrodex and that was it.

I have reloaded 1000 rds of 9mm and 300 rds of .38sp in the last month. I'm going to use up my .45ACP bullets in the next couple of weeks - I have a little W231 and a little AA#5 to get me through those. That will pretty much tap me out.

I really need to find some .22LR for the kids to shoot this summer. Hopefully production will catch up a little by June 1 when their stuff starts.

Aaron said...

Yep, its getting pretty grim for this year's competition season, that's for sure.