Tuesday, July 04, 2023

Happy Independence Day!

I hope you are all out and celebrating appropriately.

I began the celebrations this morning by heading to the range and making joyful independence noises.

250 rounds of focused practice flew by:  B8s, 1 Dot Torture run,  lots of Bill Drills,  lots of single shots timed, 3x2 drills, and a multiple target array on the clock. All good practice and a lot of fun to do.  I can see some improvement but certainly need more improvement - I really need to work on more dry fire for starters.

After that I headed to the airport and acted as a safety pilot for another pilot.

Sadly not in this:

'Merica!  
 

An L-29 Delfin in rather patriotic paint scheme. Instead, I got to hop in a Diamond DA-40 which was a rather nice plane for the flight.  I haven't been in a DA-40 in years.

Absolutely gorgeous day for it, if a bit bumpy.

Flew from Pontiac to Lansing and acted as safety pilot as Jason did approaches there, and more at Pontiac to get him current.  It's good to pay the safety pilot stuff forward.  He flew them quite well, better than I did I would say, so certainly an example to be emulated and to encourage me to get out and fly approaches more.

Lansing Airport t- he view after a missed and getting vectored for the RNAV 24

Now, I'm about to head off to the elder daughter's place by her university and have a dinner celebration.

Certainly a very full and fun Independence Day.

1 comment:

Matthew W said...

You ever fly near the Aurora airport in Illinois?