Thursday, April 28, 2016

April Is A Cruel Month In Michigan For Flying

Yet again I'm weathered out.

You can arrive at the field, all ready to go, with last night's forecast promising great things, ready to get some solo time in. In preparation you visualize flying the perfect pattern and making the most excellent landings.

Instead you're met with rain, low cloud ceilings, and crosswinds that are just not within parameters.

So not good in fact that instructors are cancelling their flights.

This is what in aviation is called a clue.

Here's to the possibly forlorn hope that Saturday will have some decent weather so I can get my next cross country solo in.

Ah well, still definitely better to be down here hoping to be up there than the other way around.

4 comments:

juvat said...

You are learning, my Friend, well done!

OldAFSarge said...

Someday you will be an OLD pilot. (Skipping all that boldness is smart!)

Old NFO said...

Yep, listen and learn...

Aaron said...

Juvat: Thanks, its an ongoing process.

OldAFSarge: I do try. I figure I'm already old enough to not try and do something stupid on purpose, it's learning not to do something stupid by accident that's the fun part.

OldNFO: Yep.