Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Spring So Close, And Yet So Far

Yesterday, grass could be seen for the first time in months, snow was melting, roads and driveway were clear and dry, the sun was shining and the promise of spring was in the air.

Then today:

Over four inches of snow this morning and it's still coming down.

Thanks to the plow I got stuck in my driveway, then even after shovelling my way clear and with all wheel drive engaged, I then got stuck on our street. This required shoveling to restore mobility. This was a clear portent that it was time to work from home via my virtual office setup -- Yay technology!

Then the fun of trying to get the car back up the Driveway of Doom™. No dice, even in AWD with a running start. Instead of up, the car started going sideways towards the ditch, which was not pleasant.

I then had to shovel even more the heavy wet snow and try again, throw a ton of salt down, and try again even as it kept snowing. Eventually I made it back up.

Quite the workout and the day hadn't even begun.

There's supposed to be 8 inches arriving today, so we're in shovelling distance of breaking the snow record set back in 1880.

Winter sucks.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yesterday I was comfortably driving the ragtop with the roof properly stowed in the trunk, today we have cold and whitestuff on the ground.

Thankfully not as much as you got but it sucks none the less.

juvat said...

"Texas, Our Texas..."

Aaron said...

Jay: Yep, it hath sucked.

juvat: Texas is darn temptin' this time of year.