Friday, June 30, 2023

Ammo Re-Up From Widener's

I shop at quite a few online sellers, including Wideners for reloading supplies, and they have a good selection of ammo too.

They've got some competitive prices on 9mm.  Since I've been shooting a bit more recently I just ordered 1000 rounds of Magtech 115 to get some more practice in between matches.  Since I ordered, it went off sale but others have come on sale now, which is a good thing. Ammo prices overall seem to be coming down a bit and stabilizing, so there's more out there at practice-pleasing prices.

I particularly like at Widener's that you can add a non-descript box to enclose the ammo to make it a bit harder for nosy neighbors and porch pirates to figure out what is in the box on your doorstep.

I also ordered some 6.5 Carcano ammo to go with the case of 9mm, as I've been having trouble finding some in stock to try out my Carcano, which I have yet to shoot.

The ammo arrived quickly with no fuss or muss and was nicely packaged.

I think I shall hit the range and get some practice in this holiday weekend and celebrate Independence Day accordingly with some appropriate noise.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Nice! And yes, they are reasonable!

pigpen51 said...

I am stocked with ammo, but I didn't see where I could save much by reloading, when I had to buy the components. Most of the 9mm fmj I have I paid less than .20 cents for. I can't load it for that. I see it online in many places for .28 cents, free delivery. That seems like a reasonable price, given things political.