Sunday, January 29, 2023

Sunday Range Trip

It turns out, there's quite an overlap between shooters and students of BJJ.

Met up with 4 friends from Jitsu at Huron Valley Guns this morning.

It had snowed overnight so the car slid down the Driveway of Doom and off I went.  Roads and highway ranged from very to somewhat slippery on the way there.

Sadly, their restaurant was not open for breakfast this morning as the cook apparently quit or didn't want to work this morning, or something.  Unfortunate, as the breakfasts are really good,  and extra nice with the free range time.

So, the five of us rented three lanes and got some shooting in.

Everyone got to try the PS90 and we all agreed it was fun as heck. That's 100 more trouble-free rounds through it.

It shoots dead-on at 25 yards, but it does shoot notably low at 7 and a bit less so at 10 yards. Still, it was as fun as anything to shoot and everyone liked shooting some rounds through it.

I shot my Sig 320 and did some holster draws.  I just upgraded to a PHLster Pro holster instead of the PHLster Floodlight and the change is rather pronounced.  The Pro is much smother both for holstering and re-holstering, and does "fit" me better, so I'm pretty happy with it. I suspect the Sig slide is just a little wider than the typical gun for the Floodlight and that makes a difference.  Probably shaved a tenth of a second off my draw or something.

Did some drills without the timer, and did some B8s at 25 which I hadn't done for awhile.  Let everyone try their guns I had brought along and I got to try a few as well which was fun.

After the hour of range time, we hung out and wandered around the store and chatted a bit and then headed off our separate ways.

It was a most excellent time among friends.

Then I got home, and again couldn't get the car up the Driveway of Doom so I left the car at the bottom, and got shoveling.  Once cleared, no problem, and a decent strength and cardio workout was thus accomplished.

2 comments:

Matthew W said...

Dang, no breakfast, otherwise sounds like a splendid day !

Aaron said...

Matthew W: That it was. They just announced they hired a new cook, but will not have weekend breakfast hours going forward at least for now, which is sad as it was both great food and a great way to start some range time.