Sunday, January 08, 2023

Romeo Zero Elite - Battery Level Zero

As I had mentioned before, the battery life of the Romeo Zero Elite on my Sig P365 is rather less than satisfactory.

Was going to take it to the range yesterday but I found the battery had once again been drained.

That's 4 dead batteries in 6 months, not being carried daily, and mostly sitting not moving and thus not on in a safe most of the time.  

Contacted SIG and will see what response I get, as it is nowhere near the stated 20,000 hour battery life.  Of all the red dots I have, this is the only one that's going through batteries like they are going out of style.

So I expect I will replace it with a Holosun 507K as having to dismount the sight and mess with the evil allen key head screws each time, and then having to verify the zero for it is simply annoying.

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Ouch... Sounds like a short 'somewhere'...

TwoDogs said...

I was having a similar issue with a Romeo One on a P320. Only shot in matches, turned on at the beginning of the match and off at the end and the battery would drain just sitting there turned off. Sig fixed (replaced) it. I have a Romeo Zero on a P365 and have had no issues at all with battery life. Still on the original battery. I expect Sig will make it right for you.

Aaron said...

Old NFO: Possibly that is the problem. Great sight, but the battery life is leaving much to be desired.

TwoDogs: Yep, I hear SIG has great customer service and does stand behind their products, so I expect they'll get it resolved. I have a Romeo One Pro on another pistol that is amazingly good, so I likely just got a bad sight in this case.