Sunday, November 08, 2020

Sunday USPSA Match Day

The last regular match of the season was held today.

I RO'd for my squad which was quit a bit of brain-sweat but I'm getting better at it.

Certainly many of the weird shooting events that could happen in the course of a match pretty much did including the ever awesome question of scoring when someone hits a no shoot touching the perf but also hits the scoring target its attached to - much fun ensued.

Also we had at least two master class shooters in my squad and some other serious competitors and they had no problem telling me how they wanted me to RO.  Yay.  Some were rather prima donas -  Give a make ready command and a few minutes pass as they air-gun the stage form the start position, then load, then air gun again and finally get ready for me to say are you ready.  They get pissed if you ask them the next command "Are you ready?"  if they haven't completed their ritual and it can be hard to tell when in fact they are actually ready to be asked if they are ready.  

For one of them I waited quite awhile and he wanted to know why I hasn't asked "Are you ready?"  and I simply said it didn't look like he had settled down enough for me to ask that yet.  He got better on the next and subsequent stages as a result.

Even had one call for an overlay, which led to a delay scoring to get one, when it was pretty clear from plain observation it was a C hit and not an A hit, and yes, I was right that it was a C hit.

On the Classifier stage 09-03, there was a technical problem - the stage description and the stage diagram instructions did not agree with each other.  If you want to read the two docs for yourself and see if you can figure out what the problem is, the COF and description is here.

They really need to fix that at USPSA HQ.  In short we had to call the match director and verify what we were doing matched what everyone else was doing and then we could shoot it.  In short the stage diagram description wins.

On the upside, I did decently, getting a high C class score on it and getting closer to a B score, but well, not quite.

I did as I normally do during a match or slightly better, a solid C class, nothing special unfortunately.  I need to move faster and increase my transition speed I think.

My last stage was rather good and enjoyable though as pretty much everything went according to plan, I actually had a decent plan, and moved right along through it pretty efficiently, and I got good hits and got a decent-for-me hit factor out of it, which was nice.

A nice match to close out the season and here's to looking for more ammo.

155 more rounds through the Masada with zero failures which was great.

No comments: