Monday, July 27, 2026

4 Up. 4 Down.

Today the weather was VFR with a TFR co,ing oin to shut down the airspace at noon.

So I got up early and headed to the airport.

 

 

Misty and scattered/broken above 2,000, but still VFR for pattern work.

So I did the preflight checks, including making sure I could access the runway form the taxiway as they have had the main drag torn u all summer. 

Thankfully the construction is now up-runway of our hangar row so it was easy to get to the run-up area and runway.

All checks were good as was the run up and soon I was up in the air again.

I did touch and goes, as if you landed long for a full stop, you got a very long taxi around to avoid the construction.

With two other aircraft wrapping up as I took off, I soon had 27R to my self as business jets and King Airs took off and landed from 27L. A very light wind of 6 knots from 240 degrees made for a beautiful day to fly.

For the first one, I did a great takeoff, a solid pattern and then a good landing.  Having not flown since May, I was a little rusty.

Landing two was better, as was landing three.  Touch and goes were fun as always. Landing 4, a full stop was perfect and landed with plenty of room to get off the runway at my hangar row without having to take the construction detour route. The number of landings matched the number of takeoffs, so all was well.

Got the plane parked, washed the bugs off, played with the new Garmin GTN650 navigation system that was just installed on the aircraft for a bit, and done. Beat the TFR closure by plenty of hours and already at work.

That's 0.5 and 4 good to great landings.

No comments: